Thursday, January 15, 2009

A long day

I have a friend who likes the saying "The days are long, but the years are short" to describe raising toddlers. I have to say that most of my days aren't that long. By the time we get up, read, eat and get dressed, it is often 9:00. Then we spend time doing school activities and playing outside and it is suddenly time for lunch. After lunch, we have more play and naps. Then, all of a sudden, it is approaching 4:00 and I expect Derrick home within the hour.

But, today was a different story. We decided to stay home from Bible Study, with the cold weather and me not wanting to haul three kids 1/2 mile to and from the car. The afternoon dragged on and we were all getting bored. So what's a bored Mom to do? Why take videos of course. The boys LOVE acting in front of the camera and then seeing themselves when we are through. I won't bore you with all the videos I took today, but here are some samples.

The funny thing was that, with each video, the boys got more and more excited. By the time Derrick got home, they were really wound up!




No comments: